YouTube is a website owned by Google where users can upload their own videos. It was founded on February 14, 2005, at Midnight ET, technically launched after Google Maps, and has become very popular across the world. There have been some controversies with copyright infringements, however. On November 2, 2013, YouTube Channel became the most subscribed YouTube Channel On YouTube by surpassing PewDiePie for the first time. On December 8, 2013, PewDiePie became the most subscribed YouTube Channel On YouTube by surpassing YouTube Channel for the first time. On December 12, 2013, YouTube Channel became the most subscribed YouTube Channel On YouTube by surpassing PewDiePie for the second time. On December 23, 2013, PewDiePie became the most subscribed YouTube Channel On YouTube by surpassing YouTube Channel for the second time..
Information[edit | edit source]
YouTube has over 2 billion users, it is one of the top online sites and it has an Alexa ranking at number 2. The site has several features, such as subscribing to users whom you like, this is also known as subbing or subs. Favorite videos are those which you can save on your channel page and ]come back and watch at a later time. YouTube is one of the best online sites that is free, the only catch is that you must join to like, dislike, comment and upload which is free, and that copyrighted material may be removed.
YouTube initially only streamed uploaded videos in one resolution: 240p. Over time, it started processing newly uploaded videos in higher resolutions. Today, YouTube supports the following resolutions 144p, 240p, 360p, 480p, 720p, 1080p, 1440p, 2160p, and 4320p. YouTube processes uploaded videos in their source resolutions, as well as the resolutions lower than that. Resolutions 720p and up support 60fps, if the uploaded video is in that framerate. The same goes for 50fps. 720p, 1080p and 1440p are labelled as HD, while 2160p and 4320p are labelled as 4K and 8K, respectively.
Users must be 13 or older to register an account on YouTube although this rule is often broken by new registered users.
Music, Gaming, And Sports are all YouTube Generated Channels. They technically are the most subscribed channels but due to them being auto generated, it doesn't count.
Ownership[edit | edit source]
YouTube was purchased by Google around the time of 2006. Some say it has changed some of YouTube's policies though most of the site continues to work the same.
Originals[edit | edit source]
YouTube Premium offers original films and series produced in collaboration with professional studios and YouTube personalities, under the banner YouTube Originals.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- YouTube's YouTube Channel known as YouTube Spotlight at the time was the most subscribed channel on two occasions.
- First was November, 2013 surpassing PewDiePie. The channel would be over thrown only one month later in December by PewDiePie.
- Second occurred 4 days later also in December, surpassing PewDiePie once again. PewDiePie would again over throw the channel in December, 11 days later.
- YouTube's channel is one of many channels to be number one most subscribed on more than one occasion. others are Smosh, Nigahiga, PewDiePie, Ray William Johnson, FRED and T-Series.
- The official YouTube channel's join date was once December 31, 1969 oddly enough, though the actual join date was sometime between July 20-22, 2004.
- Currently, the YouTube channel page does not show a joining date at all, despite using the channel page layout that would normally show a joining date.
- 2018 Rewind has the highest number of dislikes of YouTube, becoming the most disliked video in 6 days and having over 17.6 million dislikes as of February 2020.
- The YouTube Spotlight channel interacts with it's viewers frequently on the community tab of their channel.
- YouTube holds the record of gaining the most subscribers in a single year on YouTube, gaining over 18.1 million subscribers on their channel, jumping from over 945 thousand subscribers at the beginning of 2012 to over 19.1 million subscribers by the end of 2012.
- They are the only non user generated most subscribed channel.
- During their reigns, YouTube Spotlight was the first channel to hit 16, 17 and 18 million subscribers.
- YouTube Spotlight had the most followers on Google+ before it had shutdown. The second most followed is Google+ itself.
References[edit | edit source]